BIAS PLY VS RADIAL MOTORCYCLE TIRES - CHARLES HURST TYRES BELFAST
Bias Ply Vs Radial Motorcycle Tires
- Motorcycle tyres provide the only contact with the ground, via the contact patch under normal conditions, and so have a very large influence over motorcycle handling characteristics. Motorcycle tyres have a round cross section to facilitate the leaning necessary when a motorcycle turns.
- A type of tire with crossed layers of ply cord running diagonally to the center line of the tread.
- A type of tire construction utilizing plies that run diagonally from one bead to the other. One ply is set on a bias in one direction, and succeeding plies are set alternately in opposing directions crossing each other. Sometimes called a cross-ply tire.
- (of a tire) Having fabric layers with their threads running diagonally, crosswise to each other
- A tire (in American English) or tyre (in British English) is a ring-shaped covering that fits around a wheel rim to protect it and enable better vehicle performance by providing a flexible cushion that absorbs shock while keeping the wheel in close contact with the ground.
- A supporting ray in a fish's fin
- relating to or moving along or having the direction of a radius; "radial velocity"
- relating to or near the radius; "the radial aspect of the forearm"
1949 Cadillac, Period Cadillac Wire Wheels and Bias Plies
•Two sets of wheels.
•The period Cadillac wire wheels with WWW bias
plies look fantastic and are in great shape.
•Car also has a full set of powder-coated Cadillac steel wheels and hubcaps, ready for radials.
•Spare is a brand-new Goodyear radial on a steel wheel.
New Tires for the '66 Impala
A couple of jazzy new bias
ply whitewalls my dad purchased for his '66 Impala convertible in 1971. He may have mounted these himself to save on the cost of installation.
See also: dunlop tires review tyre changers used colway 4x4 tyres vancouver tire dealers used tires ottawa used atv tires sale super swamper radial tires discount tyres dublin
- 08:04 |
- Category: None